Tuesday, May 26, 2015

DAY TRIPPIN': Sevilla pt. 3

ALCAZAR OF SEVILLE:

Next, we visited Alcazar Real de Sevilla. Alcazar is a royal palace in Sevilla that was originally designed by Moorish Muslim kings. It looks big on the outside but then once you're inside, it's MUCH bigger. Alcazar could practically be it's own city.

Once again, I was wondering how I've never heard of this place.







The cool part about this palace is that it also serves as a museum and a way to inform the public on the merge of cultures that existed in this palace 












Another prime example of my quality photo-taking skills. I had gotten a picture of the staircase but I was too excited that I couldn't keep my camera still and it came out blurry. 






When you're so done









When you just chillin' on medieval hollywood squares 

Doorway after doorway after doorway? I doubt we actually saw the entire palace. 






Just a ceiling in a room. Nothing especially special about it in this palace...but the detail. I'm just astonished at how much detail can exist in a single place. 

In this palace, I assure you that it's VERY easy being green 

























Probably my favorite garden in the palace... 




One of the 4 existing hydraulic organs IN THE WORLD 
The hydraulic organ :) 

Peacocks just roam freely in this garden  - you can get as close as you want! 

Peacock with it's trusty Duck bodyguard (the duck followed the peacock everywhere)

Then the wedding photos started happening - we had passed 4 weddings before the day ended. 

If I lived in Spain, I'd totally demand we go to Alcazar to take wedding photos 

Emotions started running high 

Onto the Cathedral :) 

There's no possible way we saw all of Alcazar...but it was MAGNIFICENT. I don't know if my body could've handled any more incredible sights. 

NEXT STOP: The Cathedral :) ...but it'll have to wait until tomorrow! (Considering that nothing extremely grand has happened since Saturday, I might have a fair shot at catching up to speed!) 


1 comment: